A little about the role of an elementary counselor. . .
- Teaches classroom guidance sessions at every grade level throughout the year.
- Conducts individual and small group counseling sessions.
- Promotes a positive school environment to help prevent problems.
- Acknowledges each child as a unique individual.
- Leads Child Study meetings to help staff problem-solve student situations.
- Collaborates with staff, parents, community, and outside agencies to help meet students’ needs.
- Coordinates standardized testing for in-school and home-schooled students.