2020 Spanish Trip to Costa Rica
The Spanish Department is pleased to announce that there will be another trip offered to junior and senior Spanish students next year. By student majority vote, the destination of the 2020 trip is Costa Rica and it will be during spring break.
In order to be eligible for the trip:
1. Students must be juniors or seniors who have completed two years of Spanish. Three to four is preferred.
2. Students must be currently enrolled in a Spanish class during the year of the trip.
3. Students must have earned at least a “C” average in their Spanish class.
4. Students must meet eligibility requirements as in the Student Handbook.
5. Students must display good conduct during school and outside of school.
6. Students must be in good health physically and emotionally to be able to travel.
* Failure to adhere to any of these rules could mean automatic removal from the trip without refund.
The total cost of the trip will be approximately $2,400 (excluding spending money and cost of passport). There is a non-refundable down payment of $350, which is due February 1, 2019. Spanish Club money cannot be used for the non-refundable down payment.
We currently have funds available for Spanish trip scholarships! To apply, students have been given the opportunity to write a scholarship essay. An anonymous committee will read the essays and will determine the recipients. The committee will consider the applicants’ goals, financial need, and career plans. The recipients of the scholarships will be announced at a parent/student meeting on Thursday, January 17th at 5:30 PM in the high school cafeteria. Families will be informed via mail.
If any organization would be interested in contributing to our scholarship fund, please contact Mrs. van der Meer or Mrs. Hernández at GCHS 386-2188 or email email@example.com or hernandezm@greenecoun